How to Manage Foreign Exchange Risks and Minimise Losses and Maximise Returns
FX School Training Course
This foreign exchange training course provides in-depth working knowledge of the foreign exchange (FX) product and market environment. You gain a thorough understanding of the principal functions and characteristics of the FX market and its related instruments from both a hedging and trading point of view.
Everything You Need to Know About How to Effectively Manage Foreign Exchange Transactions
"This course has met my expectation even well above that." - M.D., Dealer, Bank Rakyat Indonesia
You gain a thorough understanding of the principal functions and characteristics of the FX market and its related instruments from both a hedging and trading point of view.
This course may also act as a useful preparation for ACI qualifications. This course adds other features such as Risk identification, risk management and suitability of products with worked examples and Excel exercises.
The case studies are derived from experiences drawn from the FX operations of large, multinational money centre banks and corporations.
You gain an understanding of the relevant pricing mechanisms for spot, forwards, longer dated transactions and currency swaps, the non-deliverable market and the principals of foreign exchange options.
FTS-EligibleThis programme is approved for listing on the Financial Training Scheme (FTS) Programme Directory and is eligible for FTS claims subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
Please note that in no way does this represent an endorsement of the quality of the training provider and programme. Participants are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants' business activities or job roles.
The FTS is available to eligible entities, at a 50% funding level of programme fees subject to all eligibility criteria being met. FTS claims may only be made for programmes listed on the FTS Programme Directory with the specified validity period. Please refer to www.ibf.org.sg for more information.
FX School Course Highlights
- Size and scope of the FX market and the various market participants
- The role of governments and central banks in the FX markets
- Economic influences on FX markets and fixed vs. floating exchange rates
- Identifying currency exposures for corporate and financial institutions
- Invoicing and FX risk management in a multi currency environment
- Spot market FX pricing with bid and offer
- Cross currency FX pricing with bid and offer
- Establishing FX positions and the impact of market movements on open risk
- Review the principal money markets and the linkages to the FX market
- The forward FX market and a step by step development of the no-arbitrage theory of forward FX pricing
- Calculate both sides of the theoretical swap points from a two-way spot and the bid and offered interest rates
- Calculating cross currency forwards
- Understanding the impact of the spot rate on forward FX pricing
- Short dated FX swaps and pricing conventions
- "Rolling over" a spot FX position with short and longer dated FX swaps
- Calculating profit or loss
- Deriving the cost of borrowing or lending through FX swaps
- Identifying interest arbitrage opportunities between the FX and money markets
- Extending or reducing the term of an outright forward FX using FX swaps
- Gain in depth knowledge of the workings of the non-deliverable FX market (NDF) and its rationale
- Analysis of the documentary support for the structure and the features of NDFs as well as their pricing and valuation
- Introduction to FX options and the elements of pricing using the relevant pricing models.
- Electronic trading and the impact of HFT
- The structure and functionality of electronic dealing systems
- Understanding market risk management for FX
- Counterparty risk and the global clearing architecture for FX transactions
Who should attend:
- Bank treasury staff
- Corporate treasury staff
- Asset-liability personnel
- Candidates for the ACI-type certificates
- Risk managers and risk controllers
- Asset management transactors
- Hedge fund transactors
Why Ethan Hathaway Training Courses?
- Practical. Learn from experienced and active industry practitioners and what's being practiced by your peers.
- Applicable. Apply what you learn in your job and your career
- Specially designed courses by industry active experts for industry practitioners
- Quality Control. Each expert instructor is interviewed and vetted through our senior management and our 5-point instructor criteria.
- Valuable. Earn more revenue or save your organisation from monetary loss. You and your organisation will quickly earn back your investment on the course fee and more
- Enjoyable. Speakers who have a passion for their topic
- Clear. Turning complex concepts into easy to understand concepts
- Limited seats - each session is limited to between 18-25 seats
What Do You Receive from an Ethan Hathaway Training Course?
- You gain knowledge and skills that make you valuable to your company and your career
- Instruction by industry experts - our experts go through a systemised vetting process to ensure we work with the best
- Course notes and reference package - so you have valuable references available to you after the course
- Daily lunch, snacks and refreshments
- Certificate of completion - to demonstrate your achievement
- Meeting your industry peers
- Ask questions relevant to your job - so you can learn how the concepts apply to YOUR specific situation
Download the course brochure to learn more
|Date||Location||Venue||Course Fee||Early Bird Fee||Register|
|18 May - 19 May, 2015||HK, Hong Kong||Royal Garden Hotel||USD3850||See Brochure|
|26 Nov - 27 Nov, 2015||SG, Singapore||Marina Mandarin Hotel||USD3850||See Brochure|
|3 Dec - 4 Dec, 2015||HK, Hong Kong||Royal Garden Hotel||USD3850||See Brochure|
Limited seats - Email us: for availability.
* Venue, dates, course fees, promotions, course content, course instructor are all subject to change
** Selected courses only
Can't Find a Session in a City Near You?
If there's no session scheduled in a city near you, you have the following options:
- In-house training: If you have a group of 8 or more, consider having us run this course in-house for you
- Co-sponsored training: Between 5-7 people, consider a co-sponsored course - you agree to send this set number of people to the course if we run it in a city near you and Ethan Hathaway sells the remaining seats to other companies
- Distance learning: Less than 5 people, consider distance training format: live trainer presents over phone lines/web at pre-scheduled times (available only for select courses)
- Just tell us where you want the course: Let us know which city you'd like us to run this course in - we'll plan it if there's enough demand
Email us at: for more information regarding the above options.
You may book your place on the course by any of these methods:
- Online booking - simply click on the "Register Me" button next to the course date you wish to register and it will take you through our quick online registration procedure.
- Email us at: - please include your full contact details.
- Fax us the booking form (included in the brochure) to: +852 3014-0721
- Or call: +852 2376-3330 during normal office hours
Related Instructor-Led Courses
Related Online Courses
Learn More About This Course
Inside the course information booklet you'll find:
- Detailed course agenda of what you'll learn
- Eligible discounts
- Our course quality guarantee
- Course expert biography
- Course venue details
- Cancellation & refund policies
- Course registration form
- Printer-friendly PDF
- Small file size for fast & easy download
- Easy to share with colleagues & friends
Complete the details to the right and click on "Send me the booklet" to have the course booklet emailed to you immediately.
We will never bombard you with emails and/or pushy sales calls.