How to Properly Interpret and Comply with IFRS Accounting Requirements for the Oil & Gas Industry
Oil and Gas IFRS Accounting Training Course
This training course focuses on fundamental IFRS accounting issues and gives you an understanding of the major IFRS accounting principles, standards and integrations that are specific to the oil and gas (petroleumn industry.
This course covers the IFRS accounting life cycle of an oil and gas entity. Starting with the raising of capital, formation of an entity or joint arrangement, the exploration and evaluation and finishing with the production, revenue generating process, collections and financial reporting of the aforementioned. The life cycle of the oil and gas business touches most IFRS standards.
Key Learning Outcomes
- You will learn how to understand and apply a series of major IFRS financial accounting principles and standards that are particularly relevant to your oil and gas firmsí activities.
- You will also understand how to review and analyze oil and gas company financial reports, including how to calculate and interpret financial statements used to analyze the costs, profitability, and efficiency of your firmís exploration and production activities
Oil & Gas IFRS Accounting Curriculum Highlights
- IFRS 6; Exploration for and Evaluation of Mineral Resources
- Concepts of Oil and Gas Accounting Methods; Successful efforts and Full cost
- Oil and Gas Accounting; Non-drilling exploration costs and drilling exploration costs
- Development costs, production and depreciation, depletion, and amortization
- Decommissioning, restoration and asset retirement obligations under IAS 37
- Capitalization of interest and borrowing costs under IAS 23
- Asset impairment under both successful efforts and full cost accounting methods under IFRS 6 and IAS 36
- Update on the major IASBís IFRS Projects
- Various disclosure requirements relating to oil and gas producing activities
- Probable, possible and proven oil and gas reserve quantities
- Costs incurred for property acquisition, exploration & development activities
- Case studies using data from Oil and Gas entities
- Much, much, more
Who Should Attend?
- Oil & Gas Industry Accountants
- Oil & Gas Finance staff
- Accounting consultants
- Department heads
Why Ethan Hathaway Training Courses?
- Practical. Learn from experienced and active industry practitioners and what's being practiced by your peers.
- Applicable. Apply what you learn in your job and your career
- Specially designed courses by industry active experts for industry practitioners
- Quality Control. Each expert instructor is interviewed and vetted through our senior management and our 5-point instructor criteria.
- Valuable. Earn more revenue or save your organisation from monetary loss. You and your organisation will quickly earn back your investment on the course fee and more
- Enjoyable. Speakers who have a passion for their topic
- Clear. Turning complex concepts into easy to understand concepts
- Limited seats - each session is limited to between 18-25 seats
What Do You Receive from an Ethan Hathaway Training Course?
- You gain knowledge and skills that make you valuable to your company and your career
- Instruction by industry experts - our experts go through a systemised vetting process to ensure we work with the best
- Course notes and reference package - so you have valuable references available to you after the course
- Daily lunch, snacks and refreshments
- Certificate of completion - to demonstrate your achievement
- Meeting your industry peers
- Ask questions relevant to your job - so you can learn how the concepts apply to YOUR specific situation
Download the course brochure to learn more
|Date||Location||Venue||Course Fee||Early Bird Fee||Register|
Limited seats - Email us: for availability.
* Venue, dates, course fees, promotions, course content, course instructor are all subject to change
** Selected courses only
Can't Find a Session in a City Near You?
If there's no session scheduled in a city near you, you have the following options:
- In-house training: If you have a group of 8 or more, consider having us run this course in-house for you
- Co-sponsored training: Between 5-7 people, consider a co-sponsored course - you agree to send this set number of people to the course if we run it in a city near you and Ethan Hathaway sells the remaining seats to other companies
- Distance learning: Less than 5 people, consider distance training format: live trainer presents over phone lines/web at pre-scheduled times (available only for select courses)
- Just tell us where you want the course: Let us know which city you'd like us to run this course in - we'll plan it if there's enough demand
Email us at: for more information regarding the above options.
You may book your place on the course by any of these methods:
- Online booking - simply click on the "Register Me" button next to the course date you wish to register and it will take you through our quick online registration procedure.
- Email us at: - please include your full contact details.
- Fax us the booking form (included in the brochure) to: +852 3014-0721
- Or call: +852 2376-3330 during normal office hours
Related Instructor-Led Courses
Related Online Courses
Learn More About This Course
Inside the course information booklet you'll find:
- Detailed course agenda of what you'll learn
- Eligible discounts
- Our course quality guarantee
- Course expert biography
- Course venue details
- Cancellation & refund policies
- Course registration form
- Printer-friendly PDF
- Small file size for fast & easy download
- Easy to share with colleagues & friends
Complete the details to the right and click on "Send me the booklet" to have the course booklet emailed to you immediately.
We will never bombard you with emails and/or pushy sales calls.