Reading is an activity I regularly talk about/promote here.
Because I believe in the motto “Leaders are Readers”.
Not only that, but active readers engage their brains more and display more empath towards others.
But in today’s digital age where we’re pummelled everyday by devicses, messages, and constant pushing & pulling for our attention, it’s a lot harder to find time to read.
Here’s a few tips from The Daily Coach on how to read more:
- Have a reading goal. It doesn’t have to be a lofty goal, something that’s not overwhelming so you feel good about reaching it.
- Collect a list of books you want to read.
- Make time each day to read, aim for say 10 pages per day
- Invest in tools that help encourage you to read (sidenote: I’m guessing something like audiobook apps on your phone)
- Allocate time in your day solely for reading