How to Make Money for Your Bank AND Build a Basel Optimized & Compliant Balance Sheet
Basel Simulation Training Course
This Basel training course takes you through the latest developments of the Basel Accord.
We’ll Walk You Through the Latest Basel Developments
Here’s how you benefit from this course:
- Discover HOW TO make money as a bank by understanding the strategic regulatory overview of the entire bank and not just knowing some rules and regulations.
- Gain hands-on experience in knowing how to (not just know the formula) calculate liquidity, capital and leverage ratios.
This calculation usually takes two to three days but in this workshop, you will have access to a framework to calculate these ratios in just ONE day.
- You’ll also come away with knowing how to create a Basel optimized and compliant balance sheet
- Learn from case studies of one of the best examples in the practical world: JP Morgan
- Learn about the evolutionary context of Basel Norms up to Basel so you understand the rules & regulations have arrived to this present point
- Gain a strategic and overall perspective of the regulatory framework
- Gain hands-on experience with implementation aspects.
Chief Risk Officer, ICBC Asia, Hong Kong
- Agenda highlights
- Who should attend
Basel Course Agenda Highlights
- Broaden your understanding of Basel and its latest updates
- This training module deepens the knowledge of Basel in key areas of capital, balance sheet impact and impact on shareholder ratios at more granular level
- Assessing the impact on financial statements with the help of JP Morgan financial statements as a background case study
- Understanding the calculation, interpretation of liquidity ratios and delineating liquidity framework in the context of the evolution of framework since the proposal of Basel III until now.
- Comprehensive simulation of optimising the balance sheet of a bank in the context of Basel.
You gain hands-on experience in learning how to fine-tune and change the balance sheet parameters to maximise the shareholder returns while complying with the regulatory framework.
- Board of Directors
- Risk Management Professionals
- Compliance staff
- Internal Audit professionals
- Operations and Back Office Staff
- Credit Risk professionals
- Commercial Bankers
- Trade Finance professionals
- Project Finance professionals
- ALM professionals
What customers say about our compliance and risk courses:
“Informative, comprehensive and comprehensible” – P.F., Chief Risk Officer, ICBC Asia, Hong Kong
“I never imagined the great impact of the operational risk on the business as a whole before attending this course…I got a lot of ideas to implement in my department / bank.” – J.G., Head of Internal Audit, Banco Nacional Ultramarino, Macau
“Well focused and relevant with good practical examples to bring out the concepts clearly. Gave a good understanding and grasp of the subject.” – S.R., President Director, Bank SBI, Indonesia
“A good comprehensive theoretical coverage with practical questions to ponder.” – W.S., TMB Bank, Thailand
“Combination of raw Basel material vs. detailed business implementation examples it gives the option of both understanding a topic and evaluating your own business implementation.
Course has met expectations in full. Cannot identify any unpleasant fact. Course is well organised, well presented and well facilitated.” – R.B., TMB Bank, Thailand
Before attending the course: “..not too much expectations, should be bit boring”…After attending:“…80% changed, lively course…what I liked most is the good scope of op risk area & well explained & illustrated of Basel II” – C.C., Enterprise Risk Manager, Coutts Bank Von Ernst, Hong Kong
18 Seats Only
Only 18 seats available per session so you get more personal attention.
You also receive a Course Reference Kit to take away for future reference. (Value of $200.00)
All our trainings are built for interaction and for you to get the most out of the training for your job and situation.
Ask questions specific to your situation. It's the closest you can get to getting personalised coaching.
Certificate of Completion
After completing the training, you receive an Ethan Hathaway gold-embossed certificate of completion to mark your achievement.
Book Your Seat
Course Fee Starting At
11-13 October 2017
Marina Mandarin Hotel
6-8 November 2017
Royal Garden Hotel
* Venue, dates, course fees, promotions, course content, course instructor are all subject to change
Ethan Hathaway is accredited by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education as an International Centre.