Derivatives Documentation Training Course
This Derivatives Documentation training course focuses on the core fundamentals of derivatives documentation for those who negotiate these documents to provide better risk management and prevent errors.
Derivatives Documentation Course Overview
This course focuses on the core fundamentals of derivatives documentation for those who negotiate these documents to provide better risk management and prevent errors.
What makes this course unique is that it not only focuses on contract, tort, and remedies but the interplay of financial policy after the August 2008 period and their impact on how trades are executed, as well as implications of this for central banks, commercial bankers, corporates, and other merchants.
This course provides not only a sound awareness, with case studies of what went wrong, but why it went wrong.
Dealer, Bank BJB, Indonesia
- Agenda highlights
- Who should attend
Derivatives Documentation Training Course Agenda Highlights
- Overview of ISDA® documentation
- KEY Rules and their interrelationship to each other, especially as to counterparty risk
- Identify recent and different financial crisis and top events that have changed derivatives legislation and policy
- Types of transactions covered by the ISDA® Master Agreement and new documents in the transactions; key developments and post 2008 amendments
- An in-depth review of all Sections of the ISDA® Master Agreement and its Schedule beginning with
- ISDA® MASTER IN DETAIL KEY CLAUSES- with problems presented all day long and resolved as case studies
- Section 10(a) and political risk in detail
- How to use the ISDA® Master Agreement to enhance your credit Protection-understand recent developments and the impact on your documentation
- What happens if a deal is done and the Master Agreement is not signed?
- Principal differences between the 1992 and 2002 ISDA® Master Agreement and other core changes since the financial crisis which have taken place in detail with handy charts for reference, checklists and updated in light of massive regulatory changes and concerns
- ISDA® DERIVATIVES CASES in detail
- The practicalities of taking collateral
- How to do Haircuts right
- Legal issues relating to collateral
- ISDA® Credit Support Annex (English law)
- ISDA® Credit Support Annex (English law) and how it differs from the ISDA®
- Other collateral documentation and important LEI developments and counterparty related issues to main derivatives contract documentation
- Case Studies
Who should attend this Derivatives Documentation training course?
- Derivatives professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Risk Management professionals
- Back Office professionals
- Legal professionals
What customers say about Ethan Hathaway courses:
“Great…Ethan Hathaway’s presentations and the materials are excellent and it is the best seminar I have attended.” – W.N., Dealer, Bank BJB, Indonesia
“Speaker conducted the course at a comfortable pace. He was able to share anecdotes from his professional experience, related to the course subjects.” – L.K.W., Treasury Sales, CIMB, Singapore
“What I liked most about this training course was: the real & updated issues discussion” – S.P., Manager, ABN Amro Bank, Thailand
“The 3 biggest benefits of attending this training course were: understand the fundamentals of derivatives product, learn how to pricing all these derivatives and learn how hedge and/or construct the product” – Y.P., Senior Treasury MIS Manager, Kasikornbank, Thailand
18 Seats Only
Only 18 seats available per session so you get more personal attention.
You also receive a Course Reference Kit to take away for future reference. (Value of $200.00)
All our trainings are built for interaction and for you to get the most out of the training for your job and situation.
Ask questions specific to your situation. It's the closest you can get to getting personalised coaching.
Certificate of Completion
After completing the training, you receive an Ethan Hathaway gold-embossed certificate of completion to mark your achievement.
Ethan Hathaway is accredited by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education as an International Centre.