Discover the Latest IFRS Updates and How to Interpret Them
IFRS Update Training Course
This IFRS training course gives you a good understanding of the recent issues and more technical accounting standards which are part of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) reporting regime.
IFRS Update Course Overview
This course explains in some detail the accounting proposed in all current IFRS projects in progress. It reviews several of the more advanced topics in more detail than the IFRS Workshop course. The more niche areas of insurance contracts, agriculture and mining are covered as well as the more important IFRICs and SICs (Interpretation Committee pronouncements).
The progress of worldwide adoption of IFRS is also reviewed.
There is also plenty of opportunity to discuss issues that you have been having in your application of the IFRS standards to your transactions and to explore what the most appropriate treatment might be.
In two days, you will:
- Clearly understand the reasons for the move across most of the world to IFRS and the countries that have adopted IFRS in the recent past and those that will adopt in the future
- Gain a more complete working knowledge of the more challenging IFRS standards
- Review Interpretation Committee pronouncements relevant to your business
- Gain a sound understanding of the issues surrounding how these standards are applied in practice
- See worked examples of how the more difficult standards are applied in practice
- Review treatments by companies in their financial statements
- Understand what the current proposals are for new standards and what this might mean to your business
Manager-Accounting & Settlement, Ministry of Finance-Brunei
- Agenda highlights
- Who should attend
IFRS Update Course Agenda Highlights
- Introduction and overview of the regulatory issues and recent changes
- Advanced and industry specific standards
- Recently issued standards
- Interpretation committee pronouncements Exposure drafts in issue and projects in progress
Who should attend this IFRS training course?
- Financial reporting staff of large organisations and listed entities
- Financial controllers
- Tax professionals
- Treasury accountants
- Senior Managers
- Corporate financiers and investment bankers
- Business and Financial Analysts
The course is taught at an intermediate to advanced level.
The course assumes some understanding of the topics covered (a grounding similar to the Introductory IFRS Workshop course would be useful) but will refresh your understanding of the areas before delving into more detail on the advanced topics.
“Sound theoretical basis, very practical examples for our business…Expectations more than met.” – F.R., Financial Manager, Dredging International, Singapore
“Excellent, the speaker has made the course interesting and being able to explain in depth the topic area and also any discussion being brought up.” – R.S., Officer-Accounting & Settlement, Ministry of Finance, Brunei
“The course is well organized and gives me the essential and updated knowledge on the application of IFRS.” – H.M., Delta Dunia, Indonesia
“What I liked most about this course was the update on IFRS and the flow of the training especially on standard relating to the attendees work. Furthermore, interpretation of the definition with IFRS very enlightening.” – T.R., Manager-Accounting & Settlement, Ministry of Finance, Brunei
“The course is a good one to set/refresh your knowledge levels on IFRS/IAS.” – G.A., Millennium Capital Holdings, UAE
“It is very organized…the speaker addressed the areas which can be interesting in.” – S.M., Emirates National Oil Company
“Nice intermediate level course, easily understandable, good presently.” – H.R., ENOC
“What I liked most about this course: Covered almost all of IFRS within limited time and with sufficient expertise.” – H.K., Saudi Holland Bank
“The whole course was well arranged, co-ordinated and well presented.” – A.R., Deputy Manager, Guaranty Trust Assurance, Nigeria
“I think this is a comprehensive course…” – A.W., Finance Manager, Gulf Takaful, Kuwait
18 Seats Only
Only 18 seats available per session so you get more personal attention.
You also receive a Course Reference Kit to take away for future reference. (Value of $200.00)
All our trainings are built for interaction and for you to get the most out of the training for your job and situation.
Ask questions specific to your situation. It's the closest you can get to getting personalised coaching.
Certificate of Completion
After completing the training, you receive an Ethan Hathaway gold-embossed certificate of completion to mark your achievement.
Ethan Hathaway is accredited by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education as an International Centre.