The A-Z of ISDA® Agreements: Understanding ISDA® Agreements Training Course
This programme gives you a comprehensive understanding of the ISDA® agreements.
The International Swaps & Derivatives Association (ISDA®) has long played a pivotal role in global over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives markets and has been a major driver of market development through the promulgation of best practice as well as its principal role in providing standardised documentation which has enabled market participants to effectively manage counterparty and other risks associated with non-exchange based transactions.
This training builds from a deep understanding of the purpose and mechanics of the key derivatives types that ISDA® covers including the major swap types such as interest rate swaps, Credit Default Swaps (CDS), and currency and commodity swaps as well as other instruments such as Forward Rate Agreements (FRA) and interest rate caps, collars and floors.
The key ISDA® documents are covered in detail: the ISDA® Master Agreement, the Schedule to the Master Agreement and the Credit Support Annex (CSA). The course gives you a deep understanding of the key terms in the document and how they relate to specific instruments.
The programme also covers the actions that can be taken and the remedies available in the event of a breach of the agreement, e.g. a failure to pay as well as the ramifications of basing agreements in New York Law versus English law.
- You have a deep understanding of the machinations of physical and derivative commodities markets
- You understand the impact of macro factors on specific markets including the key players and marketplaces in each type of commodity and their roles in determining short, medium and longer term supply and demand conditions
- You have practical knowledge and skills to take advantage of opportunities in the market, as well as developing effective longer term strategies for stabilising your firms’ earnings and reducing risk.
I have positive general impression all round from day one to the end.It (the course) exposed me to many unknown facts about best practice globally. Fullfilled and satisfied with all the modules.
Central Securities Clearing System
- Agenda highlights
- Who should attend
- The critical role of ISDA® in global financial markets
- Counterparty risk management in the post-Lehman world
- OTC Derivatives covered by ISDA® I: structure & economic purpose
- OTC Derivatives covered by ISDA® II: mechanics & cash flow dynamics
- Key concepts in ISDA® agreements
- The ISDA® Master Agreement
- Schedule to the Master Agreement
- Credit Support Annex
- Key considerations in ISDA® documentation negotiation
- Legal jurisdiction & regulatory regime considerations
- What happens when the transaction fails?
- Recent developments – the move toward central clearing of OTC derivatives
Download the Course Information Booklet to get the full details.
*ISDA® is a registered trademark of the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc.
**This course is in no way endorsed by the ISDA®
Corporate Treasury Managers
Back & Middle Office staff
Dealers and traders
Capital markets professionals
Financial markets professionals
What past clients say about Ethan Hathaway
“I have positive general impression all round from day one to the end.It (the course) exposed me to many unknown facts about best practice globally. Fullfilled and satisfied with all the modules.” – I.C., Head of HR, Central Securities Clearing System
“The Programme is excellent and I will advice any HRP to attend it.”
– A.S., HR Manager, Oman Investment Fund
18 Seats Only
Only 18 seats available per session so you get more personal attention.
You also receive a Course Reference Kit to take away for future reference. (Value of $200.00)
All our trainings are built for interaction and for you to get the most out of the training for your job and situation.
Ask questions specific to your situation. It's the closest you can get to getting personalised coaching.
Certificate of Completion
After completing the training, you receive an Ethan Hathaway gold-embossed certificate of completion to mark your achievement.
Ethan Hathaway is accredited by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education as an International Centre.