Market Risk Management Training Course
This course gives you an understanding of the frameworks that can be used by institutional investors, corporations, and financial institutions to identify, measure, and report market risks – including price risks (marked-to-market or model against spot prices/rates, yields, credit spreads, volatilities, and correlations), cash flow or yield risks, liquidity risks, counterparty performance risks, and operational risks in markets activities.
Ready to Enrol?
Are you taking on more market risk to generate higher returns?
Institutional investors, corporations, financial institutions, and central banks around the world are increasingly taking on more and more market risks in various aspects of their businesses as a way to improve performance by generating higher returns, or lowering costs.
This course provides an understanding of the frameworks that can be used by institutional investors, corporations, and financial institutions to identify, measure, and report market risks – including price risks (marked-to-market or model against spot prices/rates, yields, credit spreads, volatilities, and correlations), cash flow or yield risks, liquidity risks, counterparty performance risks, and operational risks in markets activities.
In addition, this course provides tools for establishing risk management policies and a summary of important risk management techniques
By the end of this 3-day Market Risk Management training course, you will:
- Understand the important types of risks in market activities, including various types of price risks; counterparty risks; credit market risks; liquidity risks; operations risks; and legal, regulatory and accounting risks
- Learn the types of limits and procedures necessary – and the reasons for these – in markets risk management
- Understand the applications of market risk analyses and solutions in various types of financial institutions, institutional investors and corporations
- Understand how various market risk metrics (e.g. Value-at-Risk) are calculated and used
- Be able to interpret suitability and appropriateness issues in taking markets risks and the use of markets risks management products, including various derivatives solutions
- Understand how current and expected changes in accounting, regulations (including Basel II), and products will impact the future of market risk management
Market Risk Management Training Course Highlights
- Overview of Market Risks and Risk Management
- Identifying and Measuring Market Price Risks for Equity and Foreign Exchange
- Managing Trading and Investment Market Risks in International Equity Positions
- Financial Institution Market Risk Asset & Liability Management (ALM)
- Market Risk Management Issues for Corporate Liabilities
- Market Risk Management Issues for Options and Warrants
- Conclusion of Market Risk Management Issues for Options and Warrants
- Market Risk Management in Energy
- Markets Counterparty Performance Risk Management
- Credit Risks in the Market Context
***Download the course information booklet for the FULL details of what’s covered.***
Who should enroll in the Market Risk Management training course?
- Portfolio managers at institutional investors (including retirement funds, insurance companies, investment companies, unit trusts, mutual funds, and central banks)
- Treasury, finance, and capital markets professionals at medium- to-large companies that face market risks as part of executing their business or financing strategies
- Bank traders and sales professionals covering corporate and institutional investor clients with markets and risk management strategies and products
- Professionals at banks, savings organisations, stock and derivatives exchanges, and other financial institutions that are charged with understanding and managing risks in their organisations (or asset-liability management)
- Supervisory agencies and regulators who need to understand how various market participants incur, measure, report, and manage market risks
- Legal, accounting, ratings, financial advisors, and other professionals that are involved in their clients? risk analyses, reporting, and management activities
This is an intermediate level course and requires that participants have some basic understanding of finance and derivatives topics.
What customers say about our Market Risk Management:
“The instructor did an excellent job of suplementing the course material with relevant market information and illustrations.”
-S.A.H., ABN Amro Bank, Hong Kong
“Practical. Handled situations in relation to actual market conditions/situations well.”– A.B., AVP, ABN Amro Bank, Singapore
“This was exactly what I was looking for…The 3 biggest benefits of attending this training course were the take away materials, clear presentation and the up-to-date market focus.” – C.B., Loan Exposure Management Group, Deutsche Bank,
Here’s what past clients say about our courses:
“Informative, comprehensive and comprehensible” – P.F., Chief Risk Officer, ICBC Asia, Hong Kong
“I never imagined the great impact of the operational risk on the business as a whole before attending this course…I got a lot of ideas to implement in my department / bank.” – J.G., Head of Internal Audit, Banco Nacional Ultramarino, Macau
“Well focused and relevant with good practical examples to bring out the concepts clearly. Gave a good understanding and grasp of the subject.” – S.R., President Director, Bank SBI, Indonesia
“A good comprehensive theoretical coverage with practical questions to ponder.” – W.S., TMB Bank, Thailand
“Combination of raw Basel material vs. detailed business implementation examples it gives the option of both understanding a topic and evaluating your own business implementation.
Course has met expectations in full. Cannot identify any unpleasant fact. Course is well organised, well presented and well facilitated.” – R.B., TMB Bank, Thailand
Before attending the course: “..not too much expectations, should be bit boring”…After attending:“…80% changed, lively course…what I liked most is the good scope of op risk area & well explained & illustrated of Basel II” – C.C., Enterprise Risk Manager, Coutts Bank Von Ernst, Hong Kong
Available for In-House Training
There are currently no scheduled sessions for this training, however, it is available as an in-house training (*Available for online/virtual delivery.
In-person delivery only when COVID protocols allow).
Request an in-house training proposal below or learn more about In-House Training
Why Ethan Hathaway
There are LOTS of training providers in the market, so why choose Ethan Hathaway?
Ethan Hathaway has established itself as a reputable training partner for over 16+ years to top companies all over the world.
Our philosophy is to make YOU as valuable as can be both in your career and your employer.