Project & Asset Finance Training Course
This project and asset finance training course covers project finance, equipment finance and leasing, aircraft finance and leasing and shipping finance.
Project, Asset, Equipment, Aircraft & Ship Finance Course Overview
By attending this course you will:
- Master the financing, legal documentation and structuring of Project Financing
- How to best manage the risk in Project Financing
- Understand the most profitable strategies in Equipment Financing
- Learn the safest ways to engage in any form of Aircraft Finance
- Learn about all the hurdles of Ship financing via mortgages or leveraged leases and how to best negotiate them.
- Engage in 5 separate case study workshops to reinforce newly learnt knowledge to improve your acumen.
Speaker was able to present different loan documents in a way that is easy to understand. The course was easy to understand.
- Agenda highlights
- Who should attend
Project & Asset Finance Course Agenda Highlights
Part 1. Project Finance Theory and Practice
Project finance is the long-term finance of infrastructure and industrial projects based upon the projected cash flows of the project rather than the balance sheets of its sponsors. Project finance is often more complicated than alternative financing methods.
It takes a variety of skills including financial, management, legal and business savviness to master this area of structured finance. This section covers:
- Conflicts between Sponsors and Lenders
- Contractors and Turkey Construction Contracts
- Operations and Maintenance Agreements
- Supply Agreements
- Identifying Project Risks Pre and Post construction
- Risk Allocation and Management Process
- Roles of Legal Advisors, Insurance Advisors, and Independent Engineers
- Valuing the Project and Cash-flow Analysis
- Superior and proven forecasting techniques
- Optimal Capital structures and financing
- Cover ratios and Scenario Analysis
- Financing deals and syndicated loans
- Project Leasing and Project Bonds
- Analysis of the credit risk in such specialized financing
- Case Study – Financing a Project
- Due Diligence
- Legal Analysis of all project contracts
- State sovereign immunity and international arbitration
- Case study on Legal analysis of Project Finance
Part 2. Asset Finance
In an asset finance transaction the future value of the asset concerned is a key factor of the lender’s credit risk and has major implications for security and the borrowers freedom to run their business.
- Principles and practicalities of asset finance
A. Equipment Finance and Leasing
Large equipment financing transactions take the form of a direct syndicate loan to the borrower which is paid to the Supplier, or a bank finances the Lessor who purchases the equipment form the Supplier and the Leases it out to the Lessee.
- Roles of the creditor, lessee, lessor and supplier
- Value of the asset and coverage ratios
- Negotiating leasing Agreements
- Legal Opinions and Finance Reports
- International lease documents
- Tax advantages
- Uniform international lease laws
- Case Study Workshop on Equipment Financing
B. Aircraft Finance and Leasing
Aircraft financing is largely a global business by nature. Aircraft possess a unique character as both a highly valuable and a highly mobile asset that can carry passengers to numerous destinations across multiple jurisdictions. The Cape Town Convention and its Aircraft Protocol have solved many uncertainties that used to impede transactions.
- Aircraft valuation and revenue projections
- Aircraft secured bond transactions
- Structuring a leveraged aircraft lease
- Lease securitization
- The Capetown Convention
- Self-help – repossession, export and re-registration
- Case Study Workshop on Aircraft Financing
C. Shipping finance
Ships are floating work-horses, they depend on their mobility for their income, but unlike other transportation assets they do not need to return to a home base, nor need they visit the same port twice.
Ships can last for half a century or more without mishap, yet at the same time regularly disappear, collide and cause loss of life and widespread environmental damage.
They are the cheapest means of transporting large volumes of goods, yet go up and down in value according to cycles which can be independent of other markets and difficult to predict.
But in all cases they are expensive and finance is needed for operators.
- Ship registration
- Bareboat charters
- One ship company
- Analysis of multi-currency loan agreements
- Registration of security
- New built financing and second hand ships purchases
- Standard provisions of a ship mortgage
- Leveraged leasing structures flexibility and development
- Assignment of insurance and earnings
- Case Study Workshop on Leveraged Ship Leasing
Who Should Attend this Project & Asset Finance Training Course?
- Project Financiers
- Corporate Financiers
- Commercial Lenders
- Credit Analysts
- Investment Bankers
What customers say about Ethan Hathaway courses:
“Speaker is knowledgeable about past M&A deals and able to share more in-depth about methods used.” – L.C.S, Reccelerare Pte Ltd
“The discussion was good, make me think of the different possibilities that could happen.” – J.T., OCBC
“Instructor is clear in teaching concepts.” – X.M, OCBC
18 Seats Only
Only 18 seats available per session so you get more personal attention.
You also receive a Course Reference Kit to take away for future reference. (Value of $200.00)
All our trainings are built for interaction and for you to get the most out of the training for your job and situation.
Ask questions specific to your situation. It's the closest you can get to getting personalised coaching.
Certificate of Completion
After completing the training, you receive an Ethan Hathaway gold-embossed certificate of completion to mark your achievement.
Ethan Hathaway is accredited by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education as an International Centre.