No Financial Background? Finance and Accounting Made Easy – You Will Feel More Confident By the End of This Finance for Non-Financial Managers & Professionals Training Course
Profit Numbers: Business Finance for Non-Financial Professionals & Managers Training Course (Financial Mastery Masterclass)
This Finance for Non Finance Managers & Professionals training course helps you communicate better with your Accounting & Finance team, know what to look for in the business numbers to see trends and analyse business performance, and the creation of shareholder value.
Share this course
Ready to Enrol?
Feel Confident Discussing Financial Statements and Gain an Overview Of The Main Financial Concepts a Business Leader Needs To Be Aware Of
This is the premiere training course as selected by senior executives with no or little finance background for learning finance and accounting.
This training has been attended by CEO’s, General Managers, Head of Sales and more.
In the competitive world of global business, executives at all levels need to develop a good appreciation of basic financial reports, as well as the fundamentals of business valuation and the creation of shareholder value.
You may be an expert in your own technical or business field, but if you’re given a position of greater responsibility where understanding and talking the language of finance becomes a significant part of your job, you need to be adequately equipped to do the job.
You’ll also be able to make better business decisions with the right financial skills.
Ethan Hathaway’s Profit Numbers: Business Finance for Non-Finance Managers & Professionals course quickly teaches you the basics of financial accounting, how to build a good understanding of financial reporting, and to develop a good foundation in business valuation.
Profit Numbers: Business Financial Mastery Masterclass for Non-Finance Professionals Highlights
An Introduction to Business Finance
- World Stock Markets, Ownership & Share Valuation
- Financial Valuation methods
- Finding true value
- Assessing Financial Risk
- Financial Reports and Accounts
- Corporate Structures
- Financial Accounting Systems
- Recording financial transactions
- Corporate Governance & Business Ethics
The Importance of Cash – The Cash Cycle
- Understanding the Cash Cycle
- Working Capital Management
- Control of Cash, Receivables, Payables & Inventories
The Operating or P&L Statement
- The P&L – structure, form & content
- Accrual Accounting & Revenue Recognition
- Accounting Principles
- Understanding Depreciation
- Cash vs Profit
- EBITDA and other measures of profitability
Measuring Corporate Profitability with Ratios
- Comparing performance using ratio analysis
- Exercises & mini-case studies
Review of Day One
Understanding Balance Sheets
- Structure, form and content of the Balance Sheet
- Valuation issues when recording Short & Long Term Assets
- Why use depreciation?
- Accounting for Goodwill
- Liabilities – recording, measuring, recognizing
- What is Equity?
- Financial Capital, Intellectual Property & Intellectual Capital
- Book Values vs Real World Values
Workshop – Recording Transactions
- Use of Excel spreadsheets to develop financial reports
- Analysing corporate performance
- The Pyramid of Ratios and the Du Pont Value chain
- Other performance measures used in financial analysis – linking book to market measures
Workshop – Ratio Analysis
- Use of Excel spreadsheets to analyse financial reports
The Importance of the Cash Flow Statement
- Relevant sections of the CF statement
- Understanding changes in reported cash positions
- Building a cash flow forecast
Accounting for Economic Profit and Shareholder Value
- Creating and measuring value for shareholders
- The link with traditional accounting
- Organizing and managing with EP
- Exercises & mini-case studies
Workshop: Applying the Economic Value model
Review of Day Two
Capital Budgeting and Project Appraisal
- The Cost of Capital and WACC
- Risk and Return
- Investment Appraisal & Capital Budgeting techniques
- Payback, IRR and other valuation methods
- Decision-making using the NPV rule & horizon values
Workshop – Project Appraisal & Valuations
- Building a capital budgeting case
- Valuing a business
- Alternative valuation methods
- Decision making and common decision rules
Review of Project Appraisal case
- The Valuation Gap – what’s missing on the balance sheet
- Intangibles and Intellectual Capital
- Knowledge Enterprises and the “Valuation Gap”
- Understanding the “value” of your people and IP
Summary of key financial concepts and learning points
Who Will Benefit this Profit Numbers: Finance for Non-Finance Training Course?
- Business Managers
- Department Heads & Managers
- Profit Center Managers
- Sales & Marketing managers
- General Managers
- Investment professionals
- Business Owners
- Startup Founders
- Any staff with a non-financial background who need to learn the fundamentals of finance & accounting
Course Reviews: What People Say About This Training
What You Receive
All ONLINE courses include:
Sneak Peak Inside the Online Learning Portal
Have a look inside the online learning portal to get an idea of what it’s like.
Online Cohort-Based Sessions (*subject to availability) also include:
Why Ethan Hathaway
There are LOTS of training providers in the market, so why choose Ethan Hathaway?
Ethan Hathaway has established itself as a reputable training partner for over 16+ years to top companies all over the world.
Our philosophy is to make YOU as valuable as can be both in your career and your employer.
*Note: ALL in-person training sessions are suspended indefinitely due to COVID-19 safety protocols.
Online delivery is available as below.
For a Limited Time:
For Individual learning at your own pace.
Online Cohort with Instructor
Includes online self-study course + scheduled Instructor Q&A sessions
In-House Customized / Bespoke
Either schedule a private in-house delivery and/or customize the content to your specific needs.