Commercial Lending Training Course
This Commercial Lending training course teaches you key skills required to perform the specialist function of assessing businesses for loan purposes.
Commercial Lending Training Course Overview
The Commercial Lending training course has come about through the identification of key skills required to perform the specialist function of assessing businesses for loan purposes.
The Commercial Lending training course builds on existing skills and knowledge to provide an overview of all aspects associated with the assessment, type and structure of the loan, as well as building relationships with new and existing clients.
The Commercial Lending training course is a course that is organised by the five phases of the Lending Decision Process. This provides a systematic framework for assessing loan suitability, structuring a loan and developing a sound lending understanding upon which to build a sound commercial and business relationships.
Very good course & well organized & presented. What I liked most about this course were the examples presented with Steve's practical experience.
Manager, NDB Bank
- Agenda highlights
- Who should attend
The program provides a business-orientated approach to the Commercial Lending Process. You will learn the necessary skills and judgement to analyse, and if required, to approve a business loan. Although designed to be used by financial institutions it can also be used as a “Lending Skills for Non Financial Executives” program.
At the conclusion of the course, you will be able to:
- Phase I – Acquire the Appropriate Information
- Identify and obtain information to give a comprehensive picture of the clients business.
- Phase II – Understand the Risk
- To identify and minimise the risks that face businesses both within a particular industry and from a business and management risk perspective.
- Define and understand the terms operating cycle and capital investment cycle and understand its importance to the cash flow of a business.
- To understand and identify the “real” cause of borrowing of the business, and in doing so assess whether the sales growth is long-term or short-term.
- Phase III – Analyse Repayment Capacity
- Determine historical trends in the ratios and then analyse these ratios against current ratios to determine the viability of the business
- Construct and analyse a cash flow statement
- Prepare projected (forecast) revenue statements, balance sheets and statements of cash flows from basic planning data and appreciate how the use of those statements aid planning.
- Phase IV – Structure, Price Monitor & Manage Loans
- On the information provided, determine the timing for disbursing funds and establish a repayment arrangement
- Understand the importance of using convenants and when/what should be used.
- Monitor and manage the loan and build upon the relationship developed with the client
- Relationship managers
- Credit professionals
- Corporate bankers
- Trade finance professionals
- Project finance professionals
The course covers a comprehensive range of topics associated with commercial lending. It is applicable to all employees especially Managers, Business Analysts, and Commercial Loan support staff. The program may also be relevant for non-financial executives who wish to learn more about Commercial Lending.
“Very good course & well organized & presented. What I liked most about this course were the examples presented with Steve’s practical experience.” – D.R., Manager, NDB Bank, Sri Lanka
“Was a very interactive and useful course which covered the basics thoroughly…The limited number of participants enabled a more personalised and easy way of learning and enhanced the overall intake by participants.” – K.A., Relationship Manager, NDB Bank, Sri Lanka
“Very satisfied.” – S.M., Relationship Manager, NDB Bank, Sri Lanka
“Steve speaks /teaches very clearly, so it is easier for me to understand.” – H.W., Senior Manager, Regional Risk Management, Bank Mandiri, Indonesia
18 Seats Only
Only 18 seats available per session so you get more personal attention.
You also receive a Course Reference Kit to take away for future reference. (Value of $200.00)
All our trainings are built for interaction and for you to get the most out of the training for your job and situation.
Ask questions specific to your situation. It's the closest you can get to getting personalised coaching.
Certificate of Completion
After completing the training, you receive an Ethan Hathaway gold-embossed certificate of completion to mark your achievement.
Ethan Hathaway is accredited by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education as an International Centre.