How to Become a Business Operations Management Specialist…
Certified Business Operations Management Specialist (CBOMS)™ Training Course
When you finish this training, you’ll have a proven blueprint for
Running an Efficient and Air-Tight Business (Unit)
…No matter what size business or industry you’re in
You’re the Captain of the Business Engine Room
If a CEO is the Captain of the ship, then as an Operations Professional, you’re the Captain of the Engine Room that makes the ship move.
According to PwC, two thirds of businesses look to cut costs but less than 30% of these businesses will hit their goals.
So, how do you create operational efficiency that is sustained over time, without sabotaging your customer’s experience and stifling innovation and growth for your business?
Head of Internal Audit, Banco Nacional Ultramarino, Macau
FACT: ALL Businesses (whether small, medium or large) and regardless of industry need Business Operations Managers
…but most “Operations Management” courses don’t take into account real-life situations and are pretty boring and dry.
This course is purely practitioner-based.
Let me ask you this:
“Would you want to have a surgeon who’s only READ about how to perform surgery or would you rather have the surgeon who’s performed hundreds of surgeries?”
The answer is pretty clear (I hope…).
The Price of Poor Operations Management (or Mis-Management)…
…the price and potential losses can be massive.
The hard-earned sales and profits earned are quickly flushed away with poor operational management. You need to lay-off staff (which is an awful job), you start cutting back on benefits and morale of your entire team starts sinking like a block of concrete to the bottom of the ocean.
I don’t think I have to sell you on the importance of good operations. If you’re reading this, you already know it is an essential element of ANY business, because operations management:
- Is the engine that makes your business hum and run smoothly day-in and day-out
- Is the glue that holds all the different functions in your business together
- Ensures your hard-earned money doesn’t go to waste
The Economist Intelligence Unit carried out a study where it has been estimated that more than 60% of major corporate strategies are not successfully implemented.
This training also helps to bridge that gap.
Most Operations Management Courses & Books are Boring and Too Academic…
…I know a lot of Universities have Operations Management programmes but one thing I hear repeatedly is that these programmes are too academic and dare I say it, “boring”.
Ethan Hathaway’s CBOMS™ programme is developed and taught by experts who are specialists in this field and consulting and working with business executives in operations roles on a daily basis.
Because what you read in a text book NEVER translates one-hundred percent into the real world.
…imagine having the confidence to take on ANY obstacle head-on, knowing you’ve got the skills and a supporting network of peers to lean on for help whenever you need.
Imagine being THE go-to person for both your boss and staff because you’re known to get things done and done right.
Why Ethan Hathaway?
There are LOTS of training providers in the market, so why choose Ethan Hathaway?
Ethan Hathaway has established itself as a reputable training partner for over a decade to top companies all over the world.
Our philosophy is to make YOU as valuable as can be both in your career and your employer.
Ethan Hathaway is also a British Accreditation Council (BAC) accredited international Centre.
To become BAC accredited, we undergo a rigorous inspection and assessment to show our devotion and commitment to ensuring we provide YOU with a quality training result.
Not many other training providers can say they have gone through this process or commitment.
Why Should You Get Certified?
If you’re an individual…
…this certification gives you a leg up on the competition.
Unlike any other Manager, you’ll have a certificate AND badge to prove your Operations Management expertise from a source that is trusted by global businesses – which is what REALLY counts.
More importantly, it will make you a better Operations Manager.
So, if you want to:
- Move up the ladder in your career (or start/change careers)
- Have something tangible to show your dedication in your own self-development
- Add new skills to your toolset to leave your competition behind and step up the ladder in pay grade…
…this course and certification is for you.
If you’re a CEO, Director or Business Owner…
…there’s a chance you don’t need to get certified, but…
…your team should get certified.
Why certify your team? Here’s a few good reasons:
- Improve your reputation as an employer for being a great place to work because you invest in your staff development
- Have peace of mind your Operations Managers have a standardised level of skills and competency.
If you’re taking the course for yourself, there’s no obligation to get certified, you can also just take the course itself.
Either way, this training gives you value for a crucial part of your business.
NOTE: Certification is optional. You may take the course without doing the certification exam (however, you will not receive the Certification benefits).
The non-certified certificate completion will show that you completed the "Business Operations Management" training course.
Business Operations Management Course Agenda Highlights
- How to Execute Your Business Strategy
- How to overcome obstacles you’ll eventually encounter to executing your business strategy
- The common mistake managers make when it comes to business strategy…could you be making this mistake too?
- Business Performance Management
- The 6 performance metrics you need to be tracking to know how well the business is performing
- How to Reduce Your Costs in Your Supply Chain
- What metrics should you be tracking? We’ll show you.
- How to know if your suppliers are performing to your expectations
- How to improve profitability of your supply chain
- Introduction to Service-Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- How to make use of SLA’s to improve your business’ performance
- Operations as a Profit Center – Growing the Business with Better Operations
- How to Effectively Lead & Motivate Your Team
- PLUS: 4 bonus lessons on motivating and leading your team
- OPTIONAL: Certification Exam – You must pass (80% or higher) the certification exam in order to receive the additional Certified Business Operations Management Specialist (CBOMS)™ designation & certificate.
You will still receive a certificate of completion (Business Operations Management Course) for the course whether you complete the exam or not.
***Download the course information booklet for the FULL details of what’s covered AND get a sample lesson.***
Who should enroll in the Certified Business Operations Management Specialist (CBOMS)™ training course?
- Operations managers
- Customer Service Managers
- Department Heads
- Human Resource Managers
- Business Owners
- Managing Directors
- Any professional in charge of operational functions
Here’s what past clients say about our courses:
“Informative, comprehensive and comprehensible” – P.F., Chief Risk Officer, ICBC Asia, Hong Kong
“I never imagined the great impact of the operational risk on the business as a whole before attending this course…I got a lot of ideas to implement in my department / bank.” – J.G., Head of Internal Audit, Banco Nacional Ultramarino, Macau
“Well focused and relevant with good practical examples to bring out the concepts clearly. Gave a good understanding and grasp of the subject.” – S.R., President Director, Bank SBI, Indonesia
“A good comprehensive theoretical coverage with practical questions to ponder.” – W.S., TMB Bank, Thailand
“Combination of raw Basel material vs. detailed business implementation examples it gives the option of both understanding a topic and evaluating your own business implementation.
Course has met expectations in full. Cannot identify any unpleasant fact. Course is well organised, well presented and well facilitated.” – R.B., TMB Bank, Thailand
Before attending the course: “..not too much expectations, should be bit boring”…After attending:“…80% changed, lively course…what I liked most is the good scope of op risk area & well explained & illustrated of Basel II” – C.C., Enterprise Risk Manager, Coutts Bank Von Ernst, Hong Kong
Discover How to Turn Your Operations into a Well-Oiled Machine
Here’s what you gain with the Certified Business Operations Management Specialist (CBOMS)™ training:
- Discover how to bridge the gap between your company’s strategy and actually executing it properly
- How to put a plan in motion quickly and efficiently
- Understand why execution is as important as the strategy
- Improve your business system thinking approach
- How to manage and improve your business operations using key metrics and indicators
- How to measure the performance of your SLA’s
- How to use SLA’s to achieve your business objectives
- How to benchmark services and establish world class standards so you set a high-standard of service delivery
- How to turn your Operations into a profit centre and contribute to bottom-line revenue
Online Self-Study Course
For personal use & learning only
If you successfully pass the certification exam (achieve 80% or higher):
For multi-team member access
If you successfully pass the certification exam (achieve 80% or higher):
Schedule This Course
standard live training
3 Full Days
The above fees include:
We value your privacy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many attempts do I get for the exam?
A: Your fee includes 2 attempts at the exam. The highest score will be your final result.
If you have used up your 2 exam attempts, you may purchase additional batch of two exam attempts at a discounted fee (you do not have to pay the full course fee for another two exam attempts).
Q: Is there a time limit for the exam?
A: Yes, the exam must be completed within 90 minutes of starting the exam.
Q: What is the required grade to pass the exam?
A: You must achieve a grade score of 80% or higher to become certified.
Q: How difficult is the exam?
A: The exam is in multiple-choice format and is meant to verify you have learned and understood the objectives of the course.
We have made the exam challenging in order to ensure a high degree of standard for certification.
Q: Do I have to take the exam?
A: No, the Certification exam is optional and you may take the course without taking the certification exam.
Please note, by not taking the certification exam, you are not eligible for a badge, membership, nor the CBOMS designation.
Q: Is it really Lifetime access?
A: "Lifetime" is referred to unlimited access to the edition of the course content at the time your payment is received and while we continue to hold the rights to the course content and within a reasonable time frame.
Q: What are the system requirements?
- A PC or a MAC computer (Compatible with an Windows or Mac O/S computer)
- Works on iPad and iPhone
- Web Browser Software such as the latest Firefox or Internet Explorer or Safari or Chrome
- Intenet connection (It is highly recommended that you have a high-speed Internet connection such as broadband/DSL)
- Computer Speakers or headphones (for courses that include audio and video)
Q: How do I take the exam?
A: The certification exam is delivered online.
Q: Am I guaranteed employment if I become Certified?
A: No. There is no certification, qualification or training course that can guarantee employment.
While we hope this certification can help you get a leg up on competition, it is no guarantee of future employment.
Q: Am I guaranteed to pass the exam?
A: No. There is no guarantee you will pass the exam.
The certification exam is an unbiased exam meant to objectively evaluate a potential delegate's learning.
Q: Can I get a refund for the online course?
A: No, we do not issue refunds on online courses nor the certification exams.
If we find you have a valid reason to ask for credit, we are happy to offer you credit towards future products/services at our discretion.
Q: Are scholarships available?
A: Currently we do not offer any scholarships.
Under certain circumstances, we may offer a payment plan for eligible individuals.
Q: Is this Certification internationally recognized?
A: Recognition is a subjective-thing. However, Ethan Hathaway is a globally recognized training provider to multinational companies and government agencies.
We also work with industry experts and professionals on our Board of Advisors to ensure the courses are relevant for the current market.
And finally, we are a British Accreditation Council (BAC) accredited international training centre.
Q: Can I download the videos to watch offline?
A: Videos are not downloadable and may only be viewed online while logged into the course area (due to copyright issues, we are unable to allow video download).
There are downloadable slide decks and other digital materials that may be downloaded.
Request More Information
Complete your details below to get the course info emailed to you within a few minutes.