How to be Compliant for Basel II/III
Operational Risk Management: Basel Compliance Training Course
This training course gives you the knowledge and skills needed to review, benchmark and refine operational risk policies within your financial institution.
How to be Compliant for Basel II/III
This training course gives you the knowledge and skills needed to review, benchmark and refine operational risk policies within your financial institution according to the latest Basel standards.
How You Benefit from this Operational Risk Management Course
By the end of this course, You will learn:
- How to comply with the latest Basel Accord standards
- How to be prepared for a stress test
- How to calculate the charges
- How to integrate outsourcing into your programme
- The role of risk appetite in operational risk management
- The importance of the Risk Register
- How to establish and use an internal loss database
- Business continuity planning in the face of extreme events
- How to use external loss data
- How to develop and use both stress testing and scenario analysis
- How to model business processes
- How to develop and use key risk indicators (KRIs)
- How to use control and risk self-assessment
- A look at available IT solutions
- How to model operational risks
ONLINE LEARNING & CERTIFICATION OPTION AVAILABLE
Become a Certified Operations Risk Specialist (CORS) - Level 1
An optional Certification Exam (online) is also available here.
Head of Internal Audit, Banco Nacional Ultramarino, Macau
- Agenda highlights
- Who should attend
Operational Risk Management: Basel Compliance Course Agenda Highlights
- Objectives of the Basel Accord
- The Basel III Developments
- Operational Risks in Outsourcing
- Risk Appettite
- The Risk Register
- Internal Loss Data
- Business Continuity Planning
- External Loss Data and Scenario Assessment
- Modelling Business Processes
- Control and Risk Self-Assessment
- The Structure of the Operational Risk Department and the Role of Senior Management
- Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
- Approaches to Modelling
- Stress Testing
- Other Key Operational Risk Issues
- Currently Available IT solutions
- Putting it all Together
- Each session will be accompanied by case studies and discussions
*The self-study content for the online version varies, please see below for details.
Who should attend this Operational Risk Management training course?
- Heads of Risk
- Risk Managers
- Heads of Audit
- Audit managers
- Heads of Compliance
- Project managers
- Business heads
- Risk management professionals
- Any professional who needs to know how operational risks affect financial institutions
“Informative, comprehensive and comprehensible” – P.F., Chief Risk Officer, ICBC Asia, Hong Kong
“I never imagined the great impact of the operational risk on the business as a whole before attending this course…I got a lot of ideas to implement in my department / bank.” – J.G., Head of Internal Audit, Banco Nacional Ultramarino, Macau
“Well focused and relevant with good practical examples to bring out the concepts clearly. Gave a good understanding and grasp of the subject.” – S.R., President Director, Bank SBI, Indonesia
“A good comprehensive theoretical coverage with practical questions to ponder.” – W.S., TMB Bank, Thailand
“Combination of raw Basel material vs. detailed business implementation examples it gives the option of both understanding a topic and evaluating your own business implementation.
Course has met expectations in full. Cannot identify any unpleasant fact. Course is well organised, well presented and well facilitated.” – R.B., TMB Bank, Thailand
Before attending the course: “..not too much expectations, should be bit boring”…After attending:“…80% changed, lively course…what I liked most is the good scope of op risk area & well explained & illustrated of Basel II” – C.C., Enterprise Risk Manager, Coutts Bank Von Ernst, Hong Kong
18 Seats Only
Only 18 seats available per session so you get more personal attention.
You also receive a Course Reference Kit to take away for future reference. (Value of $200.00)
All our trainings are built for interaction and for you to get the most out of the training for your job and situation.
Ask questions specific to your situation. It's the closest you can get to getting personalised coaching.
Certificate of Completion
After completing the training, you receive an Ethan Hathaway gold-embossed certificate of completion to mark your achievement.
Self-Study Online Course Available
A self-study online version of this course is available.
On-demand video lessons so you may watch at your own convenience.
Downloadable PDF notes & slide decks and resources for your future reference.
You have Lifetime access to the core course modules (does not include any updates or Q&A).
Access the course with any Internet-enabled device. No software or special requirements needed.
Online Course Agenda Highlights
- Dimension & Drivers of Risk Management
- Reviewing the Risk Types
- Risk & Capital
- Implementation Considerations
- A Practical Guide to Managing Operations Risk
- Operational Risk Financing
- The Black Swan
- Operational Risk & Basel
- Risk Management- A Hands On Approach
- Principles of Risk Management
- What are the Operational Risks?
- Methods and Models
- Current Operations Risk Management Themes in Banking
- Case Studies
- Operational Risk Management & Basel Wrap Up
- OPTIONAL: Certification Exam – You must pass the certification exam in order to receive the additional Certified Operations Risk Specialist (CORS)-Level 1 designation & certificate. You will still receive a downloadable-PDF certificate of completion for the course whether you complete the exam or not.
Who should enroll?
This course is taught at a fundamental level.
For individual/personal use.
- 17 Core Modules
- 29 Video lessons
- PDF Downloads
- Access anywhere
- Lifetime Access to Core Training
- No Certification
- Instructor Q&A
- Multiple-user access
For individual/personal use.
For Corporate Plans (multi-user access), please contact us at: [email protected]
- A PC or a MAC computer (Compatible with an Windows or Mac O/S computer)
- Works on iPad and iPhone
- Web Browser Software such as the latest Firefox or Internet Explorer or Safari or Chrome
- Intenet connection (It is highly recommended that you have a high-speed Internet connection such as broadband/DSL)
- Computer Speakers or headphones (for courses that include audio and video)
Ethan Hathaway is accredited by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education as an International Centre.