A Simple and Concise System That Helps You Trade Profitably and Avoid Making the Wrong Trades, Without the Complexities That Normally Derail So Many Traders
Technical Analysis Training Course
This Technical Analysis training course is a comprehensive and practical course that covers the fundamental aspects and practical implementation of technical analysis principles and methodologies as used by dealers and traders in the financial markets.
Ready to Enrol?
This Course Removes the Confusion and Uncertainty in Making Trading Decisions So You Can Manage Trades Successfully
5 Reasons Why You NEED This Technical Analysis Course
1. Gain an understanding of technical analysis and its application to stock monitoring so you can appreciate how analysis of price trends and momentum help you (as a trader or investor) understand the attributes specific to an individual stock, index or ETF.
Technical analysis provides you with the “personality” of the stock, in the sense that every stock acts differently.
This tendency has been assigned Greek names such as ‘alpha’ and ‘beta’ but the application to stock monitoring simply refers to price behavior (erratic versus steady, volatile versus even), and how price moves in relation to outside influences.2. Improve your timing of entry and exit based on the use of price, volume and momentum oscillators.
Since traders endlessly seek a formula for improved timing to entry into a position as well as exit. This course pulls back the curtain so you can see how it’s done (This is not as mysterious as you may think).
The use of price, volume and momentum indicators helps your analysis by providing specific changes in trends that indicate when the timing of entry and exit is most likely to succeed.
This is not a 100% fix to the problem of timing, but using indicators will improve the percentages of good timing on both sides.
3. Coordination of recognizable indicators with candlestick reversal signals.
Reversal is the most prominent and actionable change in a price trend. Candlestick indicators are perhaps the best visual tool for recognizing when a price reversal is likely to occur and when combined with other reversal signals, candlesticks are powerful timing tools.
4. Technical analysis presented in a non-technical manner. Technical analysis in its various aspects is a jargon-filled science within the realm of charting and price study.
This course is designed to overcome the odd use of language by demonstrating concepts not only with explanations, but also in context.
This is achieved by showing actual technical indicators and their evolution on actual stock charts. This removes the mystery and represents the whole range of technical analysis in a conversational manner, accompanied by illustrations and analysis.
5. Gain an immediate grasp of how analytical tools are best used, based on the demonstrated application on actual stock charts.
Each tool will be (a) explained, (b) defined, (c) shown in an actual stock chart, and (d) analyzed by exploring the meaning of an indicator and how it helps you to analyze price movement.
- Lots of examples using real-life data that are clearly explained
- Easy to understand – no technical jargon
- Learn how to manage trades successfully
- Remove confusion and uncertainty in making trading decisions
- You’re given tools to get the timing of buying and selling optimized
- and More
Technical Analysis Course Curriculum
- Fundamental vs. technical analysis. Differences and similarities; using both together in a coordinated program.
- Does technical analysis work? Examples and a case study showing the value of technical analysis.
- Critics of technical analysis. Short-term price movement is chaotic, so how does it provide meaning? The essential features of price patterns, oscillators and moving averages.
- Assumptions behind technical analysis. Even with chaotic price movement, all economic matters (including supply and demand in pricing of assets) has predictable and specific order. It does not always manifest, but it does so often enough to provide traders with guidance.
- What is a chart?
- Types of charts in use today: line chart, OHLC, and candlestick charts
- Chart properties: time scale, price scale (linear, log and semilog)
- Chart patterns in Western technical analysis: head and shoulders, cup and handle, tops and bottoms, triangles, flags and pennants, wedges, gaps, rounding bottoms and tops, support and resistance — analysis using recent charts
- What are Japanese candlesticks?
- Features: open and close, high and low, price direction
- Study of several candlesticks charts and definitions
- A short list of valuable candlestick reversal signals – analysis on actual charts
- Why do prices trend?
- The Dow Theory, the premise of technical analysis
- Identifying trend lines and channel lines: up, down and horizontal
- Short-term, intermediate, and long-term trends – analysis on actual charts
- What are moving averages?
- Types of MAs: simple, linear, exponential
- Trends and trend reversals based on MA analysis
- MA applied to price changes
- Indicator types: price, volume, momentum
- Crossover and divergence and their significance
- Directional indicators (A/D line, OBV, Stochastic)
- Using indicators with candlestick chart reversal signals
- RSI, MACD, and others
- Interpreting momentum changes
- Leading or lagging indicators?
- Oscillators used with candlestick signals
- Why is confirmation the key process in technical analysis?
- Entry and exit timing via confirmation
- Sources of confirmation: candlestick reversal, traditional Western technical indicators, moving averages, oscillators
- Confirmation techniques among these sources of trend changes
Who Should Enrol in this Technical Analysis Training Course?
- Treasury staff
- Dealers and Traders
- Capital markets professionals
- Investment professionals
- Financial markets professionals
- Finance staff from non-banking institutions
- Day Traders
Beginner to Intermediate level.
Sneak Peak Inside the Online Learning Portal
Have a look inside the online learning portal to get an idea of what it’s like.
Online Cohort-Based Sessions also include:
Why Ethan Hathaway
There are LOTS of training providers in the market, so why choose Ethan Hathaway?
Ethan Hathaway has established itself as a reputable training partner for over 16+ years to top companies all over the world.
Our philosophy is to make YOU as valuable as can be both in your career and your employer.
*Note: ALL in-person training sessions are suspended indefinitely due to COVID-19 safety protocols.
Online delivery is available as below.
For Individual learning at your own pace.
Online Cohort with Instructor
Includes online self-study course + scheduled Instructor Q&A sessions
In-House Customized / Bespoke
Either schedule a private in-house delivery and/or customize the content to your specific needs.